PHOTO CONTEST RULES:
Credit Union National Association
Photo Contest Official Rules
Contest Theme: School Spirit
Photo Contest Official Rules
Contest Theme: School Spirit
- Eligibility. Open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are age 13-19 years old at time of entry. Entrants must have a C-Note profile and be logged in to enter. Employees of Sponsor and members of their immediate families are not eligible. Previous winners of $100 Photo Contest prizes are ineligible for other $100 prizes for 12 months. Previous winners of $1000 Grand Prize are ineligible to win any subsequent contests or prizes.
- Entry Period. The "School Spirit" Photo Contest begins March 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM CST and ends May 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM CST.
- How to Enter. Entrants must provide all of the information requested below or their entries are void. Limit one entry per eligible person.
To enter, submit the following:
a. Your digital photo (make sure your attachment is smaller than 2MB when uploading it at our site. If itís too large, you can resize it using just about any photo software).
b. A caption (seven words maximum);
c. A description of up to five (0-5) sentences about the photo (i.e., why it fits the theme, what you had to do to create it, why itís special, or something funny about the photo); The editors of C-Note reserve the right to edit finalistsí captions and descriptions.
d. Your first and last name;
e. Your birth date;
f. Your complete mailing address;
g. Your daytime phone number;
Judging. Up to twelve finalists' photos will be selected by the editors of C-Note. Judging of
the photos will be based on creativity, humor and originality (50%); composition (25%); and relevance
to the Contest theme (25%). Selection of finalists will be complete within a week from the close of the Contest.
Sponsor will notify (and request a confirmation from) each of the finalists by e-mail only. If a finalist
fails to confirm within 2 days, their entry will be rejected and the judges may seek a replacement from other entries.
- Voting. The screen name, age, city and state of the finalists, along with the photos, captions and comments theyíve submitted will be posted on the Contest Ballot Box of C-Note a week after the Contest end date. Visitors to C-Note will be able to cast one vote (per computer or computer network) every 24 hours for the photo of their choice until 11:59 PM CST on May 8, 2014. Voters may not be compensated in any way for their vote and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify votes obtained via online voting sites. The photo with the most votes at the close of the contest wins. In the event of a tie, the editors of C-Note will determine the winner based on the judging criteria listed above.
- Prize. The winner will receive one (1) $100 cash award, publication of their photo in the C-Note Photo Contest pages, and have his or her photo entered in a Grand Prize contest to be held in the fall of the current year. The winner of the $100 prize will be notified via e-mail, U.S. mail, or telephone.
- Grand Prize. When the Grand Prize contest occurs, Sponsor will post the photos of the previous $100-prize winners from Grand Prize eligible period. Visitors to C-Note will be able to cast one vote per day for the photo of their choice until 11:59 PM CST on the day of the last vote for the Grand Prize contest. The photo with the most qualifying votes at the close of the contest wins the Grand Prize of $1,000. In the event of a tie, the editors of C-Note will determine the winner based on the judging criteria listed in #5 above.
- Privacy and Releases. Sponsor will not disclose your last name, street address, zip code, credit union or birthday to any outside entity other than the winnerís credit union. That information will be used only to determine eligibility and distribute prizes. Winners give Sponsor permission to share their submissions with their credit union. Winners grant Sponsor and the winnerís credit union the right to use and publish their first name, age, city and state of residence, winning photo, caption and brief description , in connection with the Contest, as well as for editorials, advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Representations. By entering, participants represent and warrant that the submitted photo, caption and description are the participantís own original work; are solely own by participant; do not violate any rights of others; and do not contain any nudity, obscene or inappropriate material.
- General Conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number and skill level of eligible entries received. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Return of any prize and/or prize notification as undeliverable or failure of any entrant to comply with rules will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. By entering, participants release and hold Sponsor harmless from all liability of any kind in connection with the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSORíS WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access in any way associated with the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of completion as planned, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of this contest is the Credit Union National Association, Inc., 5710 Mineral Point Road, Madison, WI 53705.