The C–Note Teenage Panel is responsible for regularly reviewing the magazine's content and rating it for age–appropriate interest and usefulness. The board consists of three to four members.
Teenage Panel appointments are for one year (June 1 to May 31). Upon the satisfactory completion of the duties described below, each member will receive $660.
Each C–Note Teenage Panel member is required to fulfill the following obligations during the year:
- Take place in a live orientation to C–Note and Teenage Panel responsibilities, by either meeting at CUNA's Madison, Wisconsin office or via telephone.
- Complete 12 monthly two–to–three page C–Note story evaluation questionnaires.
- Complete 12 monthly two–to–three page C–Note game evaluation questionnaires.
- Write one 1,000–word (minimum) C–Note article on an approved topic to be delivered the end of the board term. CUNA will purchase the rights to this article under the provisions of a standard work–for–hire freelance agreement.
- Participate in one special online project to be determined during the year.
Teenage Panel members need Internet access (at school, home, or public library). Panel members should be able to think critically about online articles and games, research and write an article, and get all assignments done on time.
Upon completion of all duties and acceptance of the assigned article, each high school Teenage Panel member will receive payment of $660.
Contact Laurel Purves, 800-356-9655, ext. 4088, firstname.lastname@example.org.
C–Note is the high school level in Googolplex: the Credit Union Guide for Student Moneymakers, an online money magazine for credit union members.