You've read about alligator-handling as a career; now can you handle a lesson with these half-ton reptiles? Liz Beatty is a blogger, a former member of the C-Note Editorial Board and an alligator enthusiast. She's also the author of this bitingly sharp quiz...
1. If an alligator chases you, you should run in a zigzag to elude it.
2. Alligators are on the endangered species list.
3. Alligators can grow to more than 20 feet long, and most adult male gators grow to at least 14 feet.
4. Alligators eat less than 50 pounds of food a year.
5. The female gator builds a nest for her eggs and refuses to leave it until they hatch.
6. Alligators hibernate in the winter.
7. Alligators mate for life.
8. Alligators can be trained just like dogs or other animals.
#9: Alligators can hold their breath for upwards of 45 minutes at a time.
#10: Like humans, alligators eat three meals a day, every day.
Check my score