Go to the store
You can buy a traditional book at a regular store or online. By "traditional" I mean a paper or hardback book that you can hold in your hand and read without an electronic device.Pros:
- You can buy used as well as new books at online or traditional book stores.
- You don't have to buy an electronic device before you buy regular books.
- New books from a regular store cost more than books purchased on an e-reader.
- It takes more time to get a traditional book, whether you spend it going to a book store or waiting for an online order to arrive.
- Traditional books aren't easy to carry around—they weigh as much as a pound and can occupy quite a lot of space.
- You can lose or damage a traditional book.
- If you write a lot of notes in the book, it can get messy. If you don't own the book, that's a no-no.
Go to the library
The no-cost alternative to e-book readers or bookstores is the library. Finding a library is not a problem because there's a library in almost every town, and certainly in every city.
- Libraries offer thousands of books, maps, dictionaries, the Internet (for free!), and more.
- You get to see people you know, find out what's going on in your community, and keep up with the news.
- At a library you can get expert homework help from well-trained staff.
- The books in a library are free as long as you return them on time.
- You can order your books or videos online to be reserved for you.
- If you write in them or lose them…well, let's just say that you are going to be in a slight dilemma.
- You have to work a little harder to pick up your book at a library than to get it on your e-reader. It takes about as much time as finding a regular store to buy a book.
Are you ready for my opinion?
Death of traditional books?
If you read a lot and want a lot of books to read, consider the e-book reader. Even though it costs a lot of money, it contains a lot of books with a lot of variety.
But if you buy an e-book reader and don't use it, it would be a waste of money.
If you aren't a big reader, stick to the traditional books that you borrow from the library or purchase.
Consider all the options, whether you're an avid reader or not. I hope this article will help you decide!