- Site traffic records. CUNA collects information on domain names and dates and times of visits to Googolplex.
This information, which includes NO personal identifiers, allows CUNA to record magazine traffic and improve its navigation
CUNA provides summary information about visitors from each subscribing credit union's web site - the total number of page views per reporting period ONLY. A credit union may use this confidential summary information to help assess the overall value of its Googolplex subscription.
With the exception of the usage described above, visitor information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- Cookies. Googolplex does NOT require the use of per-session cookies. However, for readers' convenience in navigating the magazine, CUNA may still use temporary cookies, which are automatically erased after readers close their web browsers. Cookie information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- Reader ratings of magazine content. CUNA plans to institute a feedback mechanism whereby readers can rate each new Googolplex story and activity on a simple five-point interest scale. CUNA will record raw content rating numbers ONLY, and may share this confidential rating information with its contracted editors and subscribing credit unions to improve magazine content. With the exception of the usage described above, content rating information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- E-mail. CUNA may use feedback information from readers to respond to inquiries, comments, or suggestions. E-mail information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
- Children Under Age 13. We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. We will not condition a childís participation in an activity on the childís disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us by calling 1-800-356-9655, ext. 4077 or by e-mail, and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
- Children Over Age 12. Children age 13 and over may register to use the C-Note University section of Googolplex.
At the time of registration, they will be asked for their e-mail address, date of birth (to confirm age), and to create a user
name and password. It will be possible for them to elect to receive e-mail notices when new content is available on the topics
of their choice.
Contests. Children age 13 and over who enter a Googolplex contest may be asked for personally identifiable information; such as name, address, daytime phone number, and the name of their credit union. CUNA will use this information to contact contest finalists and to arrange for the delivery of prizes. CUNA may also provide the winnerís name and city to his/her credit union.
With the exception of the usage described above, personally identifying information is NEVER sold, given, or disclosed to third parties.
Upon the request of a user or a userís parent or guardian, CUNA will delete all personally identifying information about that user from our files.